Adults watch cartoons too.
I’m one big child, specially when it comes to cartoons. I let myself watch them when I’ve ticked off everything listed on my to do list. It’s my time and I love it. These are not listed in any particular order, like them all and watch them all:
- Phineas & Ferb: seriously, whatever it was you’ve dreamed of as a child, they made it, definitely a cartoon to live out childhood fantasies and don’t get me started on the music, I mean Love Händel?! 🙂
- Freakazoid: his uncomplicated and happy personality is awesome, if I’m ever down, he puts me in a good mood. The rest of Steven Spielberg’s cartoons are also very entertaining, they used to run them on Cartoon Network (when the channel was still watchable);
- Tom & Jerry: the oldest ones
- Dexter’s laboratory: I have such good memories of these cartoons as we would perform scenes with my cousins, I loved all those playtime days with them (and Dee Dee is awesome :));
- Scooby Doo, Mystery Incorporated: sometimes surprisingly extremely creepy and morbid for a cartoon, but still had to watch all the episodes, they just draw you in;
- Fish police: it is actually an adult cartoon, but I used to watch it when I was less than 10 years old and it didn’t appear to do any damage 😉
- Droopy the master detective: not exactly a feminist cartoon, but given I am a feminist now and still don’t mind watching it, this one also apparently didn’t do any damage;
- Tom & Jerry kids: we used to watch it on video cassettes over and over again. The characters are just cute, my favourite part the one with the arcade machines, still laugh to tears when I watch it
- Looney tunes: the old ones as well as the newer ones, taz being my absolute favourite, following right after is beaky buzzard
- Beetlejuice: a bit disgusting at times, but excentric characters are just awesome (in films, cartoons and in real life), so it fits the profile 🙂
What about you? Do you watch cartoons – in your own fun time? Which are your favourite – any recommendations? 🙂
We all want to achieve our goals. No matter how small, large, close or far they are. Some appear unachievable – but those are the sweetest to achieve. Aren’t they? 😉 Continue reading
Large mammals, for example: bears, wolfs, large cats, cetaceans… Any selected species from any of the named groups of animals is a bioindicator.
When a large mammal species which requires a wide space, lives in a certain area, that means the ecosystem is relatively stable, strong and healthy enough to be able to sustain it. Continue reading
I just got the chance to finally listen to the last Owl city’s album, Mobile Orchestra and this whole post just flew to my mind. Adam continues to pour his soul into his music as this album is a continuation of his colorful artistic expressions. I meant to write about his music (the author is the amazing Adam Young) for years now. I just couldn’t find enough beautiful words to describe the mesmerising music and the feelings I get every time when listening to it. I still can’t find all the words but at least found some, listening to the mentioned album, to write about it now. Continue reading
Working in forestry from a biologists point of view is quite interesting.
Work days consist of field work and office days, what predominates depends on the season. The interesting part is, of course, working in nature. We conduct various measurements. For example, one type of measurements is called constant sample surfaces. There has to be a team of two, equipped with measure tapes, compass, maps, gps and a folder with the specification sheets. The maps and gps lead us to the exact spot on the particular surface where we monitor the state of the forest, the state of particular trees and wood increment. Continue reading
Presenting the music that always gets me dancing and increases my energy.
It’s also great for working out indoors.
9 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOBVEq_Bi5k (I recommend not watching this video though, it’s way out of taste)
And of course it never gets old <3:
Outdoors, however, is a different story. In nature the best and most beautiful music is bird songs, crickets, wind that gets caught in the tree tops, insects buzzing, flowing rivers and streams… Endless…
What music lifts you up makes you dance?
Ingredients (for one):
– 10 medjool dates
– 3 bananas
– 2 soup spoons carob powder
– 0,5 dl water
– 0,5 dl coconut milk
Directions: Continue reading
I have been using several products by this brand for quite a while and wanted to share what I like – with you. You can get these products in DM (drogerie markt) across Europe. The brand is certified vegan.
Now I’m not one to encourage consumerism, but these products have added value to my life and maybe you can find valuable information about them here. Continue reading
Weather, dust, washing, brushing and different sorts of heat treatments affect the hair short and long-term. It’s very good to nurture it every once in a while by using masks. I’m referring to long hair, I’m not familiar with treating short hair. Pixie ladies out there, you can let us know, how you take care of your hair. 🙂
When starting with using hair masks I went for the natural ones first. So coconut oil. I would apply it, starting a couple cm from the roots down to the tips, put on a shower cap, warm it up with a hairdryer and leave it like that for two hours so it would penetrate the hair where it could. Then I washed it thoroughly. I would do this about once per two months. The problem was, no matter how thorough I was, I couldn’t get all the oil out and my hair would look greasy after it’s dried. But it also made it very smooth and silky, so I insisted for about a year. Continue reading
Do you have any old CDs lying around that you’re not using anymore, wondering what to do with them? Here’s a useful idea about how not to throw them away just yet.
I was decluttering the other day, which included testing if some CDs I had stored, still worked. It turned out most of them didn’t. Weird thing because they were stored in a dry box at about constant temperatures, seldom moved and/or used. Yet they didn’t work. Anyway, looking at the pile of disks I meant to dispose (they must be placed to a specific place at the local landfill!), I got an idea… Continue reading
Posted in Art & DIY
Tagged coasters, diy